CH32L103 example codes for Standby and STOP modes consume over 270uA...

Hello! I am working with CH32L103C8T6. My project is battery operated, so it's crucial to go into STOP or Standby mode for several seconds. I was expecting the MCU to consume tenths of micro-Amps, just according to the official documentation. But the least current I have been able to measure in STOP mode is 575uA and in STANDBY mode is 272uA using the example code that implements the PWR_EnterSTANDBYMode_RAM_LV_VBAT_EN

I can see in the CH32L103DS0.PDF document that one should be able to go below 100uA, but even after trying many different options of the Low Power modes (STOP and Standby functions) and other standard methods, just cannot measure a lower current. I am using a board with no peripherals connected, ONLY a power supply (2.5V) and the Microcontroller, with no loads on any pin. I have set all pins to GPIO_Mode_IPD and even defined the clock to the lowest (1MHz), but that doesn't make any difference on the Low Power current consumption.

I would like to know how to achieve this <100uA current @2.5V, and if there is any example code to follow? 

STOP mode.JPG

Thanks!

Jorge

Hello, there is a Standby-Mode routine in CH32L103 EVT that you can use to test power consumption in standby mode. Pay attention to the low power and time-consuming testing, remove the LDO on the demo board, remove the power indicator light and other related LEDs, and set the unused GPIO as a pull-down input. The following figure shows the power consumption I tested using this routine. If unnecessary components are removed, the measurement results will be lower. If there are any issues in the future, please email us( lzs@wch.cn )Communicate with me.

image.png

Hello TECH62

Unfortunately, I don't have an evaluation board. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The connections are completely neat, it is a board provided only with connectors for battery (2.5V supply) and debug / UART3. 

Not even soldered capacitors or any other component, except for a 1K resistor to pull-down BOOT1 pin.

conn.jpg

I am downloading the code directly from MournRiver, tested "Standby_Mode",  "Standby_RAM_LV_Mode" and "Stop_Mode". 

Would you please help to send the code including libraries for these projects? Not sure if I may have modified some configurations accidentally...

Thanks so much for your help!

OHH, my Amp meter had low batteries and was giving bad readings. Now I am reading 8.9uA in STOP Mode, which is what I needed.

Please disregard this issue.

Thanks so much for your kind attention!

Jorge

只有登录才能回复,可以选择微信账号登录